In its meeting today, the Supervisory Board of Daimler AG extended the contract of service of Wilfried Porth, Daimler’s Board of Management Member for Human Resources and Director of Labor Relations, until April 30, 2017.
Wilfried Porth has been a member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG since April 8, 2009 and is responsible for Human Resources; at the same time, he is the company’s Director of Labor Relations. In addition, he is responsible for IT and Procurement of Non-Production Materials and Services.
Wilfried Porth’s contract would have expired at the end of April 2012. In accordance with Section 84 Subsection 1 of the German Stock Corporation Act (AktG), the Supervisory Board makes a decision on a reappointment after the beginning of the last year of the respective period of service.
Wilfried Porth was born in Baden-Baden on February 2, 1959. He studied mechanical engineering at the University of Stuttgart from 1981 to 1985 and graduated as an engineer. He joined the then Daimler-Benz AG as a planning engineer in 1985.
His previous positions in the company include:
– Executive Vice President, MB Vans, 2006
– Executive Vice President, CEO Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus Corp. (MFTBC) Japan, 2003
– Vice President, Executive Management Development, DCAG Headquarters, 2000
– Management Board Member Manufacturing, MB South Africa, 1997
– Head of Bus Production, MB do Brasil, 1994
– Corporate Secretary, MBAG Headquarters, 1992
Source: Daimler AG