Michael Schumacher completed the four-day test at the Circuit de Catalunya for MERCEDES GP PETRONAS today.
Michael’s programme over the day included aerodynamic evaluations, further race weekend preparation work and set-up development, particularly focusing on longer runs. Michael also continued his familiarisation with the KERS system. Michael completed 114 laps today, bringing the team’s total mileage for this test to 1988 kms.
Michael Schumacher: “We’ve had another busy day, focusing on set-up work and improving our understanding of the car. The reliability was good, which gave us a solid platform to work from, and we made progress in terms of finding set-up directions. On the performance side, this isn’t the package we will start the season with, so we are not drawing too many firm conclusions. Overall it has been a productive test for us in Barcelona as we continue our pre-season preparations.”
Ross Brawn: “We have had a good test in Barcelona this week and made significant progress with our testing programme. Michael and Nico have both completed race weekend simulations, which have been extremely valuable to develop our understanding of the behaviour of the car and tyres on different fuel loads, and to use KERS and the adjustable rear wing in realistic situations. The reliability of the MGP W02 has been encouraging at this test which now allows us to turn our focus to the performance developments we have to come.”
1. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:22.625 121
2. Mark Webber Red Bull 1:23.442 69
3. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 1:23.550 90
4. Nick Heidfeld Lotus Renault 1:23.657 95
5. Lewis Hamilton McLaren 1:24.003 107
6. Pastor Maldonado Williams 1:24.057 121
7. Adrian Sutil Force India 1:24.117 64
8. Sergio Perez Sauber 1:24.515 74
9. Jerome D’Ambrosio Marussia Virgin 1:26.501 50
10. Michael Schumacher MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:27.079 114
11. Jarno Trulli Team Lotus 1:29.992 18
Source: Mercedes GP