Michael Schumacher was at the wheel of the MGP W01 today for the second day of the final pre-season test at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona.
Continuing the development programme which team-mate Nico Rosberg began yesterday, Michael worked on developing the balance and set-up of the car over longer runs along with further practice of the team’s race weekend procedures, including pit stops and practice starts, in preparation for the first race. Michael completed a total of 85 laps today setting a quickest lap time of 1:21.689. Nico will be back in the car tomorrow with Michael due to conclude the four-day test on Sunday.
Michael Schumacher: “We had a positive day but it was quite stop-start with some changes on the car and then the red flags towards the end of the day. We are working hard and even if the programme doesn’t run as smoothly as we would have liked, there is much more to come from the team both here and in Bahrain. We are working very well together and there is a good atmosphere within the team.”
Day 2 – Results
1. N. Hülkenberg – Williams FW32 – 1:20.614
2. F. Alonso – Ferrari F10 – 1:20.637
3. P. de la Rosa – BMW Sauber C29 – 1:20.973
4.V. Liuzzi – Force India VJM03 – 1:21.056
5. S. Vettel – Red Bull Racing RB6 – 1:21.258
6. J. Alguersuari – Scuderia Toro Rosso STR5 – 1:21.571
7. M. Schumacher – Mercedes MGP W01 – 1:21.689
8. L. Hamilton – McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25 – 1:22.152
9. R. Kubica – Renault R30 – 1:24.912
10. J. Trulli – Lotus T127 – 1:25.524
11. T. Glock – Virgin VR-01 – 1:25.942
Source: Mercedes GP Petronas