Warm glow for the chilly season: From 28 November 2009 to 21 March 2010 the Museum is set to attract visitors this winter with thought-provoking exhibitions, entertaining events and a wide range of activities for children. A stimulating start to the pre-Christmas period.
With the Advent Calendar , each day opens a new door for children – literally. From the Daimler Motor Carriage and Gullwing to the mobile post office – on Tuesdays to Sundays from 12 noon until 4.00 p.m. children under the age of 14 will be able to climb aboard selected museum exhibits and have their photograph taken.
During the four Sundays of Advent and on Wednesday 2, 9 and 16 December 2009, visitors between the ages of four and twelve can become junior pastry chefs in the children’s baking workshop, creating star-shaped biscuits using fresh cookie dough. On Sundays, meanwhile, parents and grandparents can sit down to an Advent brunch in the Mercedes-Benz Museum, or sustain themselves with a crêpe, a sausage or a glass of punch from the Christmas stall outside the museum, open from 1 – 23 December 2009.
The Museum Shop, covering an area of 500 square metres, has the largest selection of Mercedes-Benz products worldwide. Visitors can have their Christmas presents packed or engraved – even on Sundays – and enjoy an hour’s free parking while they shop. The Mercedes-Benz Classic Customer Center also has attractive gift ideas in the shape of its Winter Package and Premium Winter Package. These include, for example, admission to the Museum, a snack and a souvenir from the Museum shop. For the first time products bearing the three-pointed star will also be available at this year’s Christmas market in Stuttgart. Anyone still looking for that perfect Christmas gift need look no further for inspiration than the Wintertraum market at the city’s Schlossplatz, open from 25 November – 23 December 2009.
Other highlights of the pre-Christmas period
• First Mercedes-Benz collectors’ fair. 28 November 2009.
• A Journey of Innovations special exhibition. 3 November 2009 – 21 March 2010.
• Concept BlueZERO special exhibition. 15 December 2009 – 31 January 2010.
• Guided tour behind the scenes. Tuesdays at 4.00 p.m.
• Guided tour – Illustrated chronicle of 120 years of history. Thursdays at 2.30 p.m.
• Individual guided ‘after-hours’ evening tours. Available on request.
• Presentation Actros Black Edition. 1 December – 20 December 2009.
• Mercedes-Benz Young Classics Store.
• Pomp Duck and Circumstance. 12 November 2009 – 31 January 2010
A complete summary of winter events at the Museum is available online www.mercedes-benz.com/museumswinter
Source: Daimler AG